July 1, 2012
I’ve caught up to episode 9 of season 1. In terms of the book series, I’m
almost done with A Clash of Kings halfway through Storm of Swords. Thoughts so far:
- Ned is an idiot. Why would anyone in their right fucking mind set up a meeting with Cersei and go, “oh hey bro, I found out about your secret that’ll get you beheaded, gonna tell your husband in a couple days so better watch out and stuff”. Screw his honor. Seriously. Oh, and Sean Bean is perfect.
Heard Catelyn was one of the most hated characters, but I haven’t read enough to find out why. Right now I just feel really bad for her. Husband dead, dad in a coma, thinks 2 of her sons are dead, 2 daughters taken as hostages, and her only remaining kid is being an ass to her. Can’t blame her.ASOS update: Catelyn released the Kingslayer? And sends him to King’s Landing with that idiot Brienne? WTF? WTF? WTF?
- Robb is an idiot. If I were Catelyn and he tells me he’d just married someone who wasn’t a Frey because of fucking honor, I’d 1) be like, “hey, don’t worry, son, I’m totally down with your horrible decision!”, 2) turn around and poison the Westerling girl and make it look like a fatal illness, or kill her in some other way and make it look like an accident, and 3) make Robb marry a Frey girl in the end.
- Sansa was such an infuriating idiot in book 1, but now she’s grown on me a little. The actress who plays her is… well, it’s hard to imagine the Hound calling her ‘little bird’ when she looks about five-ten and could pass for a 21-year-old.
- Both the actresses for Sansa and Arya need to let go of their horribly sulky faces. I get that they’re playing angry little girls, but they’re so angry, it’s to the point of annoying. Sansa-actress can’t even put on a loving expression for Joffrey. Arya-actress appears to hate everyone.
- Arya’s outfit is awesome. I’d totally wear it in real life.
- Guy who plays Joffrey is brilliant.
- Cersei purses her lips and furrows her brows way too much. It’s hard to take her seriously as a cruel, haughty, queenly villain when she looks sad and beaten-down all the time.
- They should have dyed Dany’s eyebrows to match her hair. Viserys, too.
- Love the choices for Tyrion, Tywin, Bronn, Benjen and Jorah.
- Cersei and Jaime don’t look alike enough to be taken as twins, or even siblings.
- Jon Snow’s baby fat cheeks are adorable.
- Why is Ros in nearly all the episodes? Why did they create a character out of thin air and give her so many lines and scenes? She serves no purpose! Let her go already.
- The guy who plays Littlefinger looks way too dignified to be playing such a cunning little rat. I pictured Baelish as short and slim, balding, roundish features, with a squeaky voice.
- The Moon Door looks really cool.
- And the award for Hottest Guy in the Game of Thrones Universe goes to friggin’ Jaqen H’ghar. A man needs to be in more episodes!